Dive report Green Bridge Newport RI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AfterDark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Dive 2076 7-2-2019 Tuesday Green Bridge Newport Buddy RIHappyDiver

The sky was mostly fair weather clouds reducing the sunlight, air temp in the hi 70's surface water temp 64F temp at max depth 58F
Vis was a delightful 20', with full sun it probably would have been better, tide was lo at 1:44pm. We started the dive at 1:30PM after a 250 yd surface swim. The surge was lite the surface calm with no swells. We saw lots of bait fish a few togs but not much else. I got a bunch of flase alerts on my metal detector. I'd recheck the spot where I got the alert and nothing. I did find a boat trailer roller but the shaft was so heavy I left on the bottom. We had 1 hour of nice RI diving.
I started the dive with 2600PSI and ended with 400PSI. Max depth 27FSW

If the weather holds, I am looking at some nice diving Sunday. Thanks for the report.

+ 1 to that! Your welcome. Just checked the Newport winds for Sunday light NE wind Hi Tide 12:30. RI sound SW 5-10Kts 2-3 ft seas. All we need now is the Gulf Stream to push some warm clear water inshore!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom