Dive Report - Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ul412al

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey Guys - got to mix a little diving with my business trip last weekend. Thanks to all that helped me get ready for the trip. I booked a guided trip with Rainbow Reef and was very pleased. There were about 12 divers on a 42 Newton.

Tank 1 - Washington Reef - Depth 10-35', Temp 68, Viz 40'. Plunged and nearly sat on a 6' nurse shark, pretty cool - no fouls called. Dropped down to meet 2 goliath groupers in the 80-100 lb range, very friendly and 1 swam right into my mask. Lots of corals (which I know nothing about) and various fish.

Tank 2 - Mike's Wreck - Dpeth 15-25', Temp 68, Viz 40'. Cool old steel shell with some cannons strewn about, all nestled in various coral reefs. Saw a huge 6' diameter elkhorn coral (evidently pretty rare).

Met some great new friends at Sharky's (local hangout) that dive with Ocean Divers. I will give them a shot next time. Don't know about their diving skills, but they can hold their own at the bar. Here are some shots from my room (gonna have to buy an underwater camera soon):

Thnx for the report

Hey, that's great that you got to dive Key Largo. My family and I went for the first time May of last year and we had a great time. Hmmmm, business trip to Key Largo . . . I may have to apply to that company, too!

Hey, that's great that you got to dive Key Largo. My family and I went for the first time May of last year and we had a great time. Hmmmm, business trip to Key Largo . . . I may have to apply to that company, too!

Helps if you own the company :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom