Dive Report Spanish Rocks 07/24/2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reef

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
ReddogMP (Chris), and I met at Spanish Rocks this evening.

Our report is simple. Don't dive Spanish Rocks if there any sort of hurricane in gulf NO matter how far away it is.

We would have done great with surfboards I'd imagine.

The viz was around a foot, and current was pretty strong. I managed to swim us in circles for 10 minutes before getting my bearings.

Chris it was good to meet you. Hopefully next week the current will die down.

That kind of stuff tends to happen when hurricanes are in the water. It sucks that your dive didn't work out but I give you guys props for trying to get out there and braving rough seas just to get a dive in. There is always another day though.

That kind of stuff tends to happen when hurricanes are in the water. It sucks that your dive didn't work out but I give you guys props for trying to get out there and braving rough seas just to get a dive in. There is always another day though.

Tell you the truth it wasn't that rough on the surface. Near the shore the waves were breakin pretty good. Down on the bottom is where you could tell there was a current. It was like being on a pendulum. Back and forth...back and forth...back and :l:. LOL!!

But, it was fun. I'd do it again....if the viz was better.

Don't feel bad guys, Polarbearben and I tried to dive the sugar barge 2 days prior to your Spanish rocks dive. Vis was so bad we only saw the bottom when we hit it descending, but never found the wreck. We drove over to the spanish rocks access and figured the vis was probably the same and called the dive. The "natural beauty" on the beach was more fun to look at anyways.

Don't feel bad guys, Polarbearben and I tried to dive the sugar barge 2 days prior to your Spanish rocks dive. Vis was so bad we only saw the bottom when we hit it descending, but never found the wreck. We drove over to the spanish rocks access and figured the vis was probably the same and called the dive. The "natural beauty" on the beach was more fun to look at anyways.

Ahhhhh yes the natural booty...i mean beauty. The vibrant, sparkling colors...the smells of something sweet in the air followed by the saltiness of the gulf waters. Ahhhh nothing better.

Yeah so I'm a :dork2: LOL!! If you can't make fun of yourself, stay off the porch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom