Dive Reports From Nautilus in Los Cabos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Todays Site: The Blowhole
Max Depth 100ft
Water Temp 76-79f
Visibility 50-60ft
Beautiful dives at the Blowhole today..I love the rock formations at this site its like an undersea garden! Not too much current and almost no waves. We saw an Octopus, Lobsters, a Sealion, Surgeonfish, a large group of Bumphead Parrotfish, Several Grouper,Snappers and more!!

Off to La Paz tomorrow for a couple of dives and to swim with the Whalesharks

Happy Diving

Todays Sites: Los Islotes, The Fang Ming, and Whale Shark Snorkeling..La Paz
Max Depth 70ft
Water Temps 71-74f
Visibility 15-30ft
Had a great trip out to La Paz today. Los Islotes was full of life. Usually this sight has very clear water but today it was a little murky, still large schools of fish around though. The Sealions were incredibly playful and I had one come and hold my hand for a while and one of our customers had the sealion climb up on his shoulders!! The Fang Ming wreck had very low visibility but it is a cool wreck to swim around and it has been laid out for divers to minimize hazards. We saw a pair of nice Green Turtles on the top of the wreck and several cool Morays around.
On the way back in we stopped to snorkel with the Whale Sharks again and had a fantastic time. Pictures and Video to follow soon!!

Todays Sites: Neptunes Finger and Pelican Rock
Max Depth 90ft
Water Temp 75-79f
Visibility 30-40ft
We had a strong southerly current at Neptunes finger today but by the time we moved over to Pelican Rock it had died down. The Sandfalls were flowing strong and we saw several Panamic Morays, Goatfish, Octopus, Nudibranchs, a Zebra Moray several Grouper, Parrotfish, Puffers and More...
Happy Diving!!

Todays Sites: Neptunes Finger and Pelican Rock
Max Depth 90ft
Water Temp 75-79f
Visibility 30-40ft
We had a strong southerly current at Neptunes finger today but by the time we moved over to Pelican Rock it had died down. The Sandfalls were flowing strong and we saw several Panamic Morays, Goatfish, Octopus, Nudibranchs, a Zebra Moray several Grouper, Parrotfish, Puffers and More...
Happy Diving!!

Mike,

Great dive today. Water was 76 till 84ft then the thermocline. Chillllllllllly. Anyway look forward to the rest of the week. Must confess, I was not sure what dive shop to use but when I checked out most of them your dive shop was the best facility in town by far. Actually blows away some of the LDS back in the states.

Nice to dive with an outfit that tells it like it is....even if the diving report is not that great.

Sundancr260.

Thanks for the comment and I look forward to diving with you again during the remainder of your trip!!

Mike,

Great dive today. Water was 76 till 84ft then the thermocline. Chillllllllllly. Anyway look forward to the rest of the week. Must confess, I was not sure what dive shop to use but when I checked out most of them your dive shop was the best facility in town by far. Actually blows away some of the LDS back in the states.

Nice to dive with an outfit that tells it like it is....even if the diving report is not that great.

Sundancr260.

Thanks for the comment and I look forward to diving with you again during the remainder of your trip!!

Mike,

Another great dive. Vis 40ft + an inch or two. Never seen that many rays on one dive. Plus the turtle. And the big wow factor, being able to get within 25 yards of 3 Humpbacks. No words could explain the feeing or excitement. I could stop diving today.

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Todays Sites:The Blowhole and Los Morros
Max Depth 89ft
Water Temp: 73-79f
Visibility: 30-40ft
We had strong currents today at both sites down the corridor. We saw loads of Humpback Whales around the boat at the surface and on the dive we had a Green Turtle, Diamond Stingrays, Lobsters, an Eagle Ray, Spotted Cabrilla, Snapper, Jacks, Porkfish, Puffers, Bumphead Parrotfish and More!!

[video=youtube_share;QevGpvlkjVE]http://youtu.be/QevGpvlkjVE[/video]

Todays Sites: North Wall, Pelican Rock and The Point
Max Depth 90ft
Water temps 73-77f
Visibility 15-30ft
Lower visibility again today and they are out dredging the channel some more so Im sure that had some impact on it... We saw Sealions, Zebra Morays, Panamic Morays, A couple of nice Nudibranchs, a very large porcupine puffer in the wreck at the point, Diamond stingray, lots of Grouper, Snapper and more!! Off to Gordo Banks tomorrow to hopefully see some Hammerheads!!

Dive Site: Gordo Banks
Max Depth 120ftW
Water Temp 68f-77f
Visibility 15-60ft
Great dives out at Gordo Banks yesterday. There was a fair amount of wind on the way out and the surface conditions were very choppy. Visibility was great down to about 90ft and then it really closed in on us. We saw at least 6 Scalloped Hammerheads, A large Diamond stingray, Several Large Grouper and Snapper, a lone Sealion, and what can only be described as a wall of Bonito..There were so many Bonito it was hard to make out where the school started or stopped!!
Overall a fantastic day of diving!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom