Dive Rite Canister light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

britishtq

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just bought this dive rite canister light and when it got here in the mail it came to my attention that a certain someone bought me one for christmas so here you go.

Selling a dive rite canister light powered by a 12v 2.9amp battery. I don't know how many watts or lumens its putting out but i was told by the person i bought it from that it is being underpowered because it needs a new battery. Luckily this battery is really cheap at $15 and this is the link:

http://www.batterysharks.com/Power-Sonic-PS-1229-p/PS-1229_B12-2.9.htm?gclid=CP3Yiqq10qwCFY2R7QodfyN8sw

I am asking $275 for this light which is the same as the guy i bought it from.

Let me know if you're interested. Seems like a good light but in two weeks i get a fancy new one.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_2298.jpg
    IMG_2298.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_2299.jpg
    IMG_2299.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_2303.jpg
    IMG_2303.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 299
Its halogen, not led. And one buld at that. I believe the battery is lead acid but I'm not sure.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Its halogen, not led. And one buld at that. I believe the battery is lead acid but I'm not sure.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
If so, it's not worth what you are asking. I have a couple myself.

Dale

Well I bought it for that and I thought it was fair when the battery was in good order and its a cheap battery anyway. I hope you enjoy yours you already have, seems like you didn't need this one anyway.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Actually, it's the technology which makes it off market. Most divers have switched to LED's and a few of like myself still use HID's. Halogen technology is a power hog. The light output / watt ratio sucks. Twenty years ago they were the thing.

Dale

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom