Dive Rite Frameless Mask ES155

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bogtrotter

Contributor
Reaction score
I just ordered one of these masks online from a local Ontario DS as it had very good reviews. However they say it is out of stock in the store but they offered me another mask that they say is identical call the Pro Blue Goblin (Asian fit..?). Is this indeed a Dive Rite mask that is renamed for a foreign market or is it a knock-off by an Asian manufacturer? I can't find much info online and the ProBlue website is mostly chinese characters with little english translation which doesn't exactly instill confidence. Cheers for any info.

I've never held a Dive Rite mask for comparison, but it looks identical to my $25 DGX mask in the photos. I wouldn't be surprised if they and several other masks are the same. However, it's the other way around on naming for markets. Problue makes the stuff, IIRC, and Dive Rite and others import them. The "Asian fit" means smaller and more round head shape for motorcycle helmets, but I have no clue on masks.
DGX Ultra View Frameless Mask | Dive Gear Express®

Problue says:

DESCRIPTION:
‧The face seal is special designed for Asian divers and super low volume with excellent wide field of vision.
‧Lightweight, liquid silicone double feather-edge facial skirt is enhanced comfort and perfect fitting.
‧Flexible buckles system with facial movements & absorb shock, preventing buckle breakage when mask is bumped.
‧Black only.

Last edited:
Many thanks for that info. I did a little digging and it seems they are about ten years old and a division of Taiwanese company that manufactures a variety of products. I can't seem to find reference to the Goblin masks however, and the Asian-fit seems to be a design specific to a certain head shape etc. Seeing it's an online purchase and can't try it on- I'll wait for the store's new stock of Dive Rite masks to come in.

Actually I was just reading up on the DMX mask and it certainly sounds like excellent value. I did read reviews that mention fogging issues, have you noticed that with yours? How long have you had yours and is it reasonably durable for a less expensive mask? I'm considering one of these now as back-up and for snorkeling :)

Actually I was just reading up on the DMX mask and it certainly sounds like excellent value. I did read reviews that mention fogging issues, have you noticed that with yours? How long have you had yours and is it reasonably durable for a less expensive mask? I'm considering one of these now as back-up and for snorkeling :)
I've only had it a few weeks. It's been in a pool once and I've used it in the quarry twice. It did fog considerably in the pool and the quarry the first time. Before the last quarry dive, I cleaned the inside of the rubber really well, in addition to working the glass a little with a magic eraser. It worked fine after that. It was no worse on fogging than the Atomic Frameless 2 which, was also new. I've ended up using the Frameless 2 as a backup. The DGX looks as durable as the Frameless 2 and frameless models other divers were using at the quarry, but I haven't had it long enough to have much of an opinion other than you could buy 8 of them for the price of one Atomic Venom. Which had you rather break or lose? :wink:

That's great- I'm sold for that price. If they can get it to me in a few days I may cancel my other order-cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom