Dive Rite Led Lux4 vs LightMonkey 9W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

knotlover

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi there, Im looking to buy a can light but am on a budget.

I'm looking at the Dive Rite Led Lux4 and LightMonkey 9W since they're going for the same price at $499.
Anyone has reviews?

Divegearexpress says the battery on the LM 9W is user replaceable. Is this possible on the DR Led Lux-4? Or is this feature not important?

Hi

I have a Lux4 and I'm very pleased with the light. It's plenty bright for its size with good coverage. I use it with the Goodman handle when diving dry, and switch to elastic when diving wet.
As far as replacing the battery - you have access to it. I keep mine disconnected except when diving, to prevent accidents. batteries can be purchased at divegerexpress.
The battery has good life when fully charged, better than my buddy's LM.
I can't comment on the Light Monkey, I hear they are good lights. My dive buddy purchased one (used), but wishes he got a Lux4. His beam is narrower and dimmer than the Lux4's.
I don't think you'll be disappointed spending $499 for such a light.
Dan

Thanks Dann. May I ask how many dives/diving hours have you put your light through so far? What are your thoughts on the durability?

I've had the light since may. I've put approx 20 hrs or so on it. I don't use it every dive. No issues so far. I did use dive rite's customer service in the past for different reasons and they are top notch.
The light seems to be well built. I'm happy with the purchase

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom