Dive Rite Nitek Q?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AggieDiver11

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone heard any more information about the Nitek Q from Dive Rite? All i've seen was the video from DEMA 2010. Word was it was supposed to ship this month, but I cannot find a single shred of information. Looked like an interesting computer.:popcorn:

Just got this email a minute ago...

Hi Rich,

Thanks for contacting us. We are launching the NiTek Q as the first of a series of computers this spring. The NiTek Q is a recreational computer that is fully upgradeable to technical. It incorporates an beautiful OLED display, previously reserved for high-end technical diving. Out of the box, it is configured as a two gas Nitrox computer that is user-upgradeable to incorporate a compass, Trimix or rebreather capabilities. You choose what features you want or need. Charged via a standard USB the internal battery provides power for up to 20 hours of operation with a standby life of six months.

I don't have a firm ETA as of yet, but we have just finished up the software development. I should be able to email everyone who has inquired very soon. The starting MSRP is $599. I don't have pricing for the upgrades or packages of upgrades, but should soon.

You might want to check out this video from Lamar's blog: Dive Rite - Dive Rite’s online journal exploring the latest in technical diving » New NiTek Q Dive Computer in development or this video shot at DEMA: Diverite Nitex Q - ADVANCED DIVER MAGAZINE

Let me know if I can answer more questions, otherwise I'll keep you in the loop on our email list as soon as I know more.

Cheers,
Kathleen

From what I read somewhere else, the compass chip they were going to use went obsolete so they're working on a new compass chip and software for that chip and that's what the holdup is.

From my local shop, they've told me a March ship date.... But by going from the Dive Rite email, there's not solid ship date besides "soon"

Is the NiTek Q air integrated?

No, and none of the tech computers is. The Galileo Sol is the closest to a tech AI computer. Which is too bad because the rec market is much bigger than tech and the makers could market a rec version of their tech color computers and I think it would sell.

Thanks for the answer.
Would th NiTek Q be a good computer for a rec diver? It sounds like it has some great features for all types of diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom