Dive Rite reg...which one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dwellex

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everyone,

I've been searching and reading reviews and comments about Dive Rite regulators in this forum and all (comments and reviews) seem very positive in regards to the DR product.

I'm thinking of purchasing a DR reg but can't seem to decide on which one...there's the RG2500, RG3000 and the RG3500 (Hurricane) I know that the RG2500 has been replaced by the RG3000. I can get a good deal on the RG2500 but dont mind paying more for the RG3000 if it's better.

Just so you know I dive in Canadian cold waters and will start ice diving this winter. I sometimes do wreck diving in mexico. And for last I'm looking forward to cave diving. (will take cave diving course before)

Thank you!

Alex

Get the Hurricane they are cold water ready with a heat exchanger. I bought 3 of them this year and had them in 39f so far with no problem.

I dive in caves, and the water is usually 66 degrees or higher, and I have used RG2500s for almost 10 years with highly reliable operation. They are easy to service and maintain. I know you can get RG3000s and Hurricanes, but I have not done any diving that requires freeze protection, so it is not a concern for me.

So if I understand the difference with the RG2500 and the RG3000 is the freeze protection? I will be ice diving so in that case the RG2500 might not be the best option?

Hello everyone,

I've been searching and reading reviews and comments about Dive Rite regulators in this forum and all (comments and reviews) seem very positive in regards to the DR product.

I'm thinking of purchasing a DR reg but can't seem to decide on which one...there's the RG2500, RG3000 and the RG3500 (Hurricane) I know that the RG2500 has been replaced by the RG3000. I can get a good deal on the RG2500 but dont mind paying more for the RG3000 if it's better.

Just so you know I dive in Canadian cold waters and will start ice diving this winter. I sometimes do wreck diving in mexico. And for last I'm looking forward to cave diving. (will take cave diving course before)

Thank you!

Alex
my dad just got the RG3000 and we dive in alberta and BC most of the time. and we will do ice diving aswell
he said his reg works perfectly and its already built for technical diving if you are planning that some time in the future?

i personally dive with a scuba pro MK17/G250V and it works astonishingly in cold water

Hello everyone,

I'm thinking of purchasing a DR reg but can't seem to decide on which one...there's the RG2500, RG3000 and the RG3500 (Hurricane) I know that the RG2500 has been replaced by the RG3000. I can get a good deal on the RG2500 but don't mind paying more for the RG3000 if it's better.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Good luck with your decision. They are all great regulators. It does sounds like the Hurricane or the RG3000 with an ice kit might be the right reg for you.

Have a look here to read some independent reviews of the regulators performance. It might help you make a decision.
http://www.diverite.com/downloads/diverite_118.pdf
http://www.diverite.com/downloads/diverite_10.pdf

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions.
Best,
Ag

the 2500 and 3000 use the SAME first stage i think its the rg1208. the environ kit i believe is 40 dollars but you can check on diveriteexpress.com

the 3500 has its own newer 1st stage. (not sure the product name)

the dive master at my lds shays he has tested the rg1208 w/o the environ kit at 38 degrees with no problems. apparently technique will affect freezing no matter what kit is on the 1st stage

OK, so i know this post has ben dead for a few years but I want to see if anyones experince has changed. I am just starting to get in to some tech diving and noticed that the DR hurricane is still not avalible on dive gear express.... also HOG seems to be a bit of a puzzel for me. on scuba board is get great marks. when i talk to friends or people who have used it they say it sucks or ect. I am trying to get a little more of a info before i decide. anyone?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom