Dive Rite Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bouteloa

Registered
Reaction score
OK. Experts.
This is what I do: warm water diving, nitrox, in very remote places. I am a very quiet air user.

This is what I need: reg + octo

This is what I am considering: Dive Rite RG2500

Anybody have any experience or comments with this? I can get a complete setup for $775 with gauges, bag, keeper, etc.

I already have a computer. I would like to get something unflashy but very solid. I can also buy it and get it serviced online - since I don't live near a dive shop, this matters.

It also has a 2 year service interval with parts included in the warranty.

Advice?

bouteloa:
OK. Experts.
This is what I do: warm water diving, nitrox, in very remote places. I am a very quiet air user.

Anybody have any experience or comments with this? I can get a complete setup for $775 with gauges, bag, keeper, etc.

I already have a computer. I would like to get something unflashy but very solid. I can also buy it and get it serviced online - since I don't live near a dive shop, this matters.

Advice?

A generic regulator. Made in Tawain. Sold under many names, Dive-Rite, Sea-Elite etc.
A good solid reg backed up by a very good company. A good choice.

I have no complaints about mine, it's a solid performer. I know others who use them and have heard nothing bad from them either.

My LDS has the reg listed at 400 (425 with cold water kit), but sells them at a 25% discount..

Scubatoys.com is a distributor for Dive Rite gear, will match or beat any competitor's price, has 10% off for scubaboard members, and for any reg they sell, provides labor for 49.95 w/ free parts for life.

The reg's aren't listed on their website so you'll have to give them a call or an email..

Hope I helped,

Scott

bouteloa:
OK. Experts.

Advice?

What comes with the complete setup? I paid $430 for mine with DR octo, Sherwood SPG and Akona reg bag. You can find the reg itself (first stage, balanced second stage, DIN-to-Yoke adapter) for about $300 so $775 seems a bit on the high side to me even with some extras unless they include a computer.

I've been happy with mine by the way. However, I'd say consider what hose lengths you want when you buy it and also if you plan to do deeper, more advanced diving, then maybe get the unbalanced, but adjustable DR second-stage for backup instead of the yellow unbalanced and unadjustable octo.

Included is first and second stages, octo, gauges with compass, dr reg bag, hoses, keeper, hose protectors, assembly

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom