Dive Safaris in St. Maarten?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Henryville

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone have experience with this operator? I will be staying near their Oyster Pond location.

Thanks!

My sister did her OW checkouts with them and had a great experience. Scroll to the bottom of this page for more threads on them. I've read nothing but good stuff about them.

I dove with both Dive Safaris and another outfit in St. Maarten with my wife last year. DS is by far superior IMO. If Jefferson is still there, he's an excellent DM and an all around stand up guy! Does a great job on the shark awareness dive, too.

I've also heard very good things about the French's at Ocean Explorers - they're quite nearby as well. (EDIT - sorry, just re-read the bit about Oyster Pond - I dove with the Simpson Bay area location, and that's the one that's closer to OE.)

RTRski

Dove with them a few times in the past. Enjoyed diving with them. Very nice staff.

Thanks to each of you for your thoughts. Likely won't have a great deal of choice given where we're staying but it's reassuring to know they are a decent outfit.

Dive Safaris does not have a Oyster Pond location just a refferal center at the Scuba Shop. You must travel to Phillipsburg or Simpson Bay to dive with them. A much closer shop and a great choice is Octopus Diving Center in Grand Case..... www.stmartinscuba.com

I have dove sith "dive safari" in St. Martin. I thought that they did a great job of taking care of you/pre-dive. They pretty much let you do your own thing which we liked. They took us to some decent spots. My biggest complaint with them was their boat. They used a inflattible that was very difficult to maneuver around, no walking space just barely enough room to sit down, you cannot put a fin on while on the boat.
This happened two years ago so hopefully they have new boats.

I got certified there (phillipsburg location) in April of 06 and was very happy with them. The boat situation was great (i didnt see an inflatable). You can look at thier website and they have a section on their boats. The phillipsburg location does not have nitrox and simpson bay does, just a thought. Hope you have fun!

I dove with the Phillipsburg location in June. Boat and crew were good. Dive sites are on the small side but still a good time. I would recommend them!!

Mark

Back
Top Bottom