Dive Shop for Sale???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
My wife and I are looking to purchase a dive shop. We are ready to start working for ourselves and not for someone else, and why not do something you love. Does anyone know of any good sites to check out?? We would like to purchase a shop located where we can dive a lot (Florida, California, Hawaii, etc.). Any information will be helpful.
Thanks

treasurediver:
My wife and I are looking to purchase a dive shop. We are ready to start working for ourselves and not for someone else, and why not do something you love. Does anyone know of any good sites to check out?? We would like to purchase a shop located where we can dive a lot (Florida, California, Hawaii, etc.). Any information will be helpful.
Thanks

If you have 2 million dollars, you can open a nice dive shop, then when you have 1 million left, you can close it and retire.

The locations you mentioned are pretty much saturated with dive shops and they open and close on a regular basis.

Sorry if this sounds too negative, but I visit Florida fairly often and it's depressing watching shops open, muddle along for a while, then close.

Terry

Terry - maybe he wants to stay open longer than six months. Better start with $3,000,000 - $1,000,000 doesn't go as far as it used to.

treasurediver:
Thanks

You want to open a dive shop AND dive a lot. Ok now that statement is really funny.

Aloha in Hawaii Kai around 200 K I think....give or take 50 k

I wouldn't say all areas are saturated. Two dive shops opened in here in Santa Clarita within the last three years, one about 5 months ago and both seem to be doing well. We also have a Sport Chalet so you could say we have three shops and it doesn't look like anybody is closing their doors anytime soon. It would just take some local knowledge and research. Good Luck!

We have one that might go in the 200K range. Worth 50K so 200 is a bargin.

Gary D.

treasurediver:
My wife and I are looking to purchase a dive shop. We are ready to start working for ourselves and not for someone else,
Ah.... let me introduce you to your new partner, "government". He'll be your highest paid executive, whine and complain continuously, tell you "you can't do that" every time you try to do anything that makes sense, contribute nothing and steal from the till.
And you can't fire him.
"But don't let that discourage you... if you don't bet, you can't win." (Heinlein)
Rick :)

W.E.T. (Water Education Training) in San Diego is going out of business and selling all their inventory. Make them an offer!

treasurediver:
Thanks

Don't let the dream stealers beat you down.
Just go into this with eyes wide open and do your due dilligence.
Any business venture is a risk.
Figure out what you can offer that nobody else is offering and do it for less.
It can work but there are a lot of challenges in your future. Be ready for them.
They are part of the fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom