Dive shop in aruba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

atxer

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hello all:
Going to aruba in october and looking to set up dives. Anyone know of any dive shops, and any must dives down there.
Thanks

atxer:
Hello all:
Going to aruba in october and looking to set up dives. Anyone know of any dive shops, and any must dives down there.
Thanks

The Antilla. Whoever you dive with, they will most likely take you there. Popular dive shops are Pelican, Unique and Dive Aruba.

I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the diving. Not amazingly great, but still pretty decent.

I also dove with Clive of Dive Aruba.

It's a small boat, so there are no crowds. He's extemely professional and quite helpful.

I definitely recommend him, and if I went back to Aruba, I'd use him again in a second.

Michael

Do not dive with Red Sail Sports. They are terrible. They are clueless. They are a cattle boat.

My first open water experience was with Clive of Dive Aruba. The max on the boat is 8 including Clive. He picks you up, takes you to the site, leads the dive, and changes out your reg/bc on the SI.

Although only a newbie, I enjoyed the diving in Aruba. I dove four sites there. The Antilla is a definite must do. Also the Sonesta Airplane dive. Visibility was 50-60 feet on a good day but still quite nice.

With Clive, you can get extended bottom times. Our group was the first in the water, with several cattle boats (Red Sail Sports) arriving and dumping people in the water for 30 minutes, and we always finished after them. Bottom times were 50- 60 minutes on most dives.

Clive has a web site, where you can preview the dive schedule and email a reservation for the days you would like to dive. I strongly recommend that if you know when you are going. A deposit isn't required. Our boat was full every day and people would call on arrival to Aruba and often not get on.

Enjoy Aruba. I certainly did.

Troy Coleman

I dove with Clive and Dive Aruba last March. I went on 9 dives with Clive one being a night dive. Clive runs a great dive operation. I was one of 5 divers and we all had a great time. I can not wait to return to Aruba this March and dive again with Dive Aruba.

You have to do the night dive on the Antilla! I dove with Pelican last November. Everyone there was great and boats weren't too crowded except for the afternoon dive to Pedernallis. In fact there were a few dives that had 4 divers or less on the boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom