Dive Shop Needs New Employee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Busy dive shop, looking for a female PADI Dive Master or Instructor for a possible full time position
Busy job, needs to be able to multitask well

For more information please give us a call at 516-433-7757 or send us an email at dfpilot126@aol.com

I don't fit your requirements, but do you suppose that you'd get more response if you listed where the shop is located?

Why "female"? Can't imagine a scenario where you could justify turning away a qualified male instructor. Aren't there anti-discrimination laws in effect here? If ability to multi-task is the primary skill, someone got some 'splainin to do. Just my $0.02.

Why "female"? Can't imagine a scenario where you could justify turning away a qualified male instructor. Aren't there anti-discrimination laws in effect here? If ability to multi-task is the primary skill, someone got some 'splainin to do. Just my $0.02.

Yep. Pretty much illegal. If the shop is in NY they even have a website to make it easy to file your complaint--http://www.dhr.ny.gov/how_to_file_a_complaint.html. You may also want to check this out: http://www.eeoc.gov/ .

Here's some free legal advice: don't post things like this. They make it really easy to build a case for discrimination.

Sorry, we did not mean to discriminate, we will take a male PADI dive master or instructor also

LOL.....at least they will take an application from a male :) Good luck on getting any real consideration for the job.

Now I am NOT saying that I really believe a business should be restricted in terms of who they hire at all. Just it is kinda obvious what this shop wants no matter who they will take an application from. And, they may have really good justification for only wanting a female. It just isnt politically correct to think that way.

If I had a diveshop I would have it staffed with gorgeous young ladies to lure you perverts in and have you spending your money on gear you didn't even need.

But I would also make sure that they would all be knowledgable about the products we sold.

And yes I would also have a few studs to lure the ladies in as well.

LOL, I'm a very qualified PADI dive master. I'm going to apply and then when I don't get hired sue him referencing this post. He can't prove he didn't discriminate and his liability insurance will settle out of court. I'll make at least a few thousand dollars. Yippie.

You see the problem with that post? I'd ask Mod's to edit it on the grounds that it might open you up to legal issues.

I live on Long Island and am an experienced DiveMaster and Instructor with 25+ years experience as an instructor ,I should send them a resume then sue when not hired.I already printed out the post so even if they delete it I have a copy .LOL

I wonder why someone who was just certified is making that post,is he the owner?

Back
Top Bottom