Dive shop San Marcos was robbed last night.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, this doesn't sound like stuff that will show up on Craigslist. Sounds like someone went shopping.

Sorry to hear and hope some kind of insurance covers it with a low or no deductible.

That's the thing I don't like about buying stuff on Craigslist. I'd feel horrible if I ever found out that it was stolen. I recently picked up two AL80's and had them refurbed and put back in service but with things that are 10 - 20 years old you just never know who owned them at one time or another.

Also missing:

Mk11 first stage
Scubapro 2G wrist-mounted

We're starting to think it's three people.

Three slap straps, three black-skirt masks, three singles setups, three regulators, etc.

Granted, two computers, one doubles setup, among others, but this is odd.

I wouldn't call this stuff cave gear. Wetsuits and singles gear is not cave. Sounds like an OW diver that thinks tech gear looks cool.

Hate to hear this!

I'm in the market for some gear so I've been watching craig's list the past few weeks in my area (College Station) as well as a few others I frequent (Austin, Houston, San Antonio). I'll keep an eye out for gear matching your descriptions in those areas.

We had someone break-in once.

They came in thru the cinder block wall.

All they took was a client's gear being repaired in the back and a few other new things.

They covered the hole they entered in.

We never did catch them.

We figured the guy did't want to pay for the repair and wanted us to replace it with new gear.
Go figure.

Sounds like they hit you much harder, but theives are dumb enough to steal gear with serial #'s!

Wow, I hate to hear this. I certified through John Duggan's shop back in the mid-90's on Ft-Sam and have gone on a couple trips recently with them. I hope you can get some help finding this stuff.

Man, that is the $hits!!!

I have an extra pair of MK10's that I could lend if you need something to get you by for awhile. Possibly some 2nds also.

Mike, I think the dumb thing is they left a basic blue and black Halcyon rig, and took a STEALTH.

Last edited:
At least one of the things they took may be their downfall - I'll not go into it but at least it will be easy to keep an eye out.

That really bites. I hope you can recover it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom