Dive shop won't service my Zeagle/Apeks Tech-50 and TX-100, I'm shocked.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not an Apeks/Zeagle guy, but in general I go to Vintage Double Hose, and at the very bottom of the site he has a link to manuals...... all the manuals.... it's a ridiculous resource.
Respectfully,
James
I have downloaded the Apeks service manuals. I really like the going to Vintage Double Hose.
They are fantastic folks....

Start with Vance Harlow's book. That'll tell you what to do. Read Regulator Savvy. That'll tell you why.
I read Vance Harlow once. I've reread Pete Wolfinger a dozen times.
Search thru the DIY threads and just read stuff.
There are even threads on what tools to buy.
Go to Scubatools.com and decide how much you can afford to spend.
Once you find a source for your service kits (often the hardest part, depending upon brand) buy a beater reg from eBay that's similar enough in design to yours, and try your hand.
We're here to help!

Avoid steel picks whenever possible!
Thank you Sir! I was palnning on buying that book.

the ness kits are the most readily available as aqualung/apeks doesn't openly sell service kits to individual divers in the US

Subaquatic Service Kit #A1 - Fits Most Apeks First Stages

other option is to get them imported from the EU or Asia if you want official kits. they pop up on ebay sometimes, but not that often.

VDH has the 2nd stage kits also for zeagle iirc that i think may fit, but the store is down atm.

main thing is getting the spanners for the environmental seal and the yoke nut if you have yoke regs, most of the other tools are pretty common like hex keys and a torque wrench.

the tech 50d should need no conversion kit or anything really. the only difference with the tx50 is some may not come with the cold water 2nd stage heatsink spacer on the lp hose attachment. if you do ice diving, you can look into sourcing it from europe. I looked into it and did not find any suitable chromed brass replacement spacers a year or two back.

@runsongas you could also try reaching out to @buddhasummer as he generally has access to Apeks kits (among others) and is willing to share his resources.

I will be starting to service my own gear as well as he has been very helpful. If you search the posts you will find out he is well regarded.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom