Dive shops around Marquette

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eandiver

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going to be in the area at the end of June and would like to get in some diving so I'm looking for air fills and dive boats in the area. I have all of my own gear and drysuit. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

I have heard good things about Diver Down Scuba, but I have never been there personally, so it's all hearsay. Sadly haven't gotten the chance to do any diving in the UP outside of the Soo.

-Geoff

Scott Thomas is the owner of Diver Down Scuba on 3rd st. in MQT. good group of divers there. There is some excellent shore diving in and around Marquette. Munising isnt very far away either. Give them a call 1906-255-1699. I lived there for several years while in school.

Some places to dive.

Black Rocks
The Cove @ Black rocks
Lower Harbor Wall - fun junk dive especially @ night lots of fish
Few small wrecks around the old ORR docks.

Vis is usally 25-30'
Unlimited Viz in early spring and late fall if you like very very cold water.
Temps in the 50's and 60's

Good Luck,

DudleyNMU

Thanks for the info folks.

My wife and daughter were interested in doing the glass bottom boat tour too so I may be able to incorporate that with a dive.

Sounds better than Hudson Grotto, right Geoff?

when your in munsing and there is no avaiable charter while you are there, Pontoon boats rent as cheap as charters or cheaper.

The wrecks are real close, your family can snorkel these shallow wrecks while you dive.

There is a campground a short distance, get a campsite on the beach for your staging area,showers , lunch, or overnight if you outfitted to do so, You will probably run in to other divers there that bring there own boats,

It is a great time there, why rush with a charter, when you can go on sun down cuise, out around the corner are small greatlake sea caves at the surface. just stay in the bay when winds are up ,Its sheltered with a island.

have a great time.

Munising is a beautiful place to dive and there is some nice snokeling there also. I don't want to step on anyone's toes, but just be careful if you rent a boat. You can get in trouble real fast in that area. Depending on which way the wind is blowing even in the bay. If you're looking for a little trip, try Menominee (M&M Diving). There are some great wrecks in the Green Bay. Depths vary from 70 to 130+. Viz is always pretty bad, but the wrecks are cool. There are some real nice deeper wrecks in Munising also. Always lots of fish.

Back
Top Bottom