Dive shops on Phuket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sawllkwa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Going to Phuket for a couple weeks in early December with my non-diving wife. Any suggestions on good dive shops in the area for 'day-trips'? I heard shark point is good.

Thanks in advance

Haven't heard of them.
Where's their shop?

New shop. People have been around for a couple of years. They are currently on a trip with their customers in Egypt as far as I know. Guys are from Slovenia. (Several friends of mine have great experience with them hence suggestion.)

Plenty of good operators in phuket take the wife shopping when you first get there, and use the oppurtunity to nip off to the local dive stores.

Maybe a day trip to Phi phi including some dives, wife can take in scenery and have a dip in awesome location.

As for no shop no workpermit, company registered at different place maybe ? Bit of an assumption to make.

As for no shop no workpermit, company registered at different place maybe ? Bit of an assumption to make.
Why? I know the 2 of them. They don't have a shop and they don't have a workpermit. Also don't have the required TAT/OTD licence, and insurance?

Last edited:
I thought SeaFa was an Ao Nang shop?
Sea Fa Diving
Peter Osborn
79/3 Moo 3 Nopparat Thara Beach
Ao Nang, Krabi 81000
Phone: +66.75637627

But the website says only Chalong-Patong, so it's possible that they've relocated here and haven't yet moved their licenses from Krabi province to Phuket province.

They may be great guys, but I'm with Steve on this one. Use a company that has all its paperwork in order and is 100% legal.

Ok Steven its not an assumption then, my apologies.

You and Quero are quite right, without the necessary permits/insurance etc if there is a problem you as a customer are left wide open.

Its quite sad that those that dont bother with legalites etc are often cutting corners elsewhere from my experience, they also have a unfair commercial advantage due to less overheads and accountability.

Its not that easy in Thailand but with patience and a good Thai translator its certainly not out of reach.We have had to set up in 5 other Asian countrys all fun getting legal India has been the most fun to date.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom