Dive shows in Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Choice Mexico

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello there up north,

I am a dutchie teaching diving here in Cozumel, Mexico.
I have had a lot of Canadian students asking me about equipment.
Is there a diveshow anywhere in Canada where people can go and learn about the different brands etc?

Hello there up north,

I am a dutchie teaching diving here in Cozumel, Mexico.
I have had a lot of Canadian students asking me about equipment.
Is there a diveshow anywhere in Canada where people can go and learn about the different brands etc?

No...

Hi Karen

There are a few on the west coast:

1. The outdoor recreation show in Vancouver, B.C. is in February and has a scuba section including a demo pool.
The Outdoor Adventure Show - National Event Management

2. Sidney Dive Expo is in Sidney in September (Near Victoria on Southern End of Vancouver Island)
Sidney Dive Expo - British Columbia - Canada - Consumer Tradeshow

3. North West Dive News (the local dive magazine) held their first Dive Expo at the beginning of May in Tacoma, Washington, USA, which is driveable from Southern British Columbia.
[FONT=&quot]Northwest Dive and Travel Expo - Welcome to the Northwest Dive and Travel Expo![/FONT]

I live out here, so I only pay attention to the ones near me.

Hope this helps.

Hi Karen

There are a few on the west coast:

1. The outdoor recreation show in Vancouver, B.C. is in February and has a scuba section including a demo pool.
The Outdoor Adventure Show - National Event Management

Typically only attended by the local LDS's. Nothing at these that isn't available from the LDS's in the area.

2. Sidney Dive Expo is in Sidney in September (Near Victoria on Southern End of Vancouver Island)
Sidney Dive Expo - British Columbia - Canada - Consumer Tradeshow

Nice little show. They have Stan Waterman speaking this year and he is a "don't miss". Aside from Apeks/Aqualung (who attend because the distributor is local), the only manufacturers represented are a couple of drysuit makers. Not a ton of info here that can't be gotten from an LDS.

3. North West Dive News (the local dive magazine) held their first Dive Expo at the beginning of May in Tacoma, Washington, USA, which is driveable from Southern British Columbia.
[FONT=&quot]Northwest Dive and Travel Expo - Welcome to the Northwest Dive and Travel Expo![/FONT]

Not Canada. Close but no cigar. However this could be the new powerhouse for dive shows in the PNW. Lots of booths with a few manufacturers here and there and the trade show was well attended from what I saw. It's going to expand for next year. .

Let me add # 4. Vancouver Aquarium Divers weekend. Late January. Fairly typical with no manufacturers, a few LDS's, lots of charter guys (including the best in BC) and the best venue I've seen for a trade show. The tables are spread throughout the aquarium. As an exhibitor it beats the vast open spaces of a typical trade show any day. You can't beat hangin' with the South Pacific fish or having the belugas as your view for 2 days as opposed to the looking at the hungover sales rep across the aisle as seen at most trade shows.

Ever since Underwater Canada ended there hasn't been a venue for folks up here to go where they can have a DEMA-like experience. The manufacturers just aren't interested in coming up here, they would rather let the LDS's represent the lines. And even if the manufacturer offers to help pay an LDS's expenses to go to a show, shops are very reluctant to buy a booth. (I should know. I run a dive show up here.). So the amount of information on different brands at these shows is very, very limited.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom