Dive sites / shops on the South Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Orans

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looks like we'll be on the South Island february 2008.

Any recommendations for good sites and dive operators?

Dive Picton and Dive Kaikoura - both are owned by a guy called Ben Ashcroft and I can vouch for him!

Kaikoura is just beautiful - just up the road from me! And you cab dive the Lermontov Wreck from Picton (a must for every diver!)

I hope that helps. I think Ben's websites are www.scubadive.co.nz and www.divepicton.co.nz

DD

Hi El Orans
I have just posted an acount of diving in Milford Sound which is about as South (West) as you can find a dive operator in NZ. There is an operation on Stewart Island which I have not used but which is also a fantastic place.

Enjoy your time on the mainland of NZ.

Alison

Hey Laurens

Sorry but I know little of the South Island Diving scene except for picton and the great Mikhail Lermontov...The Andrea Doria of the South Pacific, in 38-14 metres of water...Dive Picton would be your best bet.

If you are up in the North Island (Auckland/Northland Area) please let me know...we can take you diving to some great spots that bthe charter companies dont go to:D

I was diving the south island these past Oct Dive Marlborough are top notch http://www.godive.co.nz/ i highly recommend them. You can either arrange for day trips or do a liveaboard as an option.

If you get Wreck Diving magazine there is an article in the last issue about diving the Lermontov by Richie Kohler, it was an awesome trip. there is another group going this Oct 2007 which is the better time to dive viz wise. you can get more info at www.scubaplanners.com or bbuchanan@scubaplanners.com

be glad to tell you all about it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom