dive slate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darkmoon3d

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone know where I can find a blank dive slate in 8.5x11 size? Am looking into possibility of being able to print on it (not from my printer of course!) custom information such as distortion grid, macbeth color chart and other stuff for uw videography.

Have thought about simply laminating it in paper and gluing to the slate but wanted to see if other option existed.

if your gonna print on to plastic then you could consider screen printing as in the silk screen that is used for t shirt printing processes. these are used for estate agents boards. This is only financially viable if you have access to a press and can get components free for example from an art school or something. Screen printing is designed for quantity and all the cost is in the set up which is the only bit you would want to do.

If you dont know someone that has access to free equipment then really laminating is a cheap option but the next problem is writing on it.

Maybe heat transfers may have progressed since i was using them, if so you could photocopy your template on to one and iron it on but you would need a temperature that would not melt the plastic while still effectively releasing the image, not sure if this would be waterproof though

I recently saw an ad on TV for a 'personal' screen print device. It was one of those 'ronco' type things, but might be suitable. Maybe a web search would find it?

Have you though about using an iron on heat transfer? They are paper that you use in your printer, then using the heat from an iron to transfer to another surface, normally a t-shirt. It might work, price is right.

Waterproof paper and a laser printer (go to Kinko's if you don't have acces to a laser printer). Power Paper, a Waterproof Paper with Excellent Print-Quality Use the left over paper to print up dive log pages. HP and Write-In-The-Rain also make waterproof paper.

Stick it to a regular slate or plexi glass if you need a stiff slate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom