Dive Slates - Kids Toys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have "THE 'QUEST' SLATE W/HOLSTER" tada....

It's a little bulky, but it works great and has a real slate on the other side for stuff I don't want to forgit, like the dive plan, bearings, skill list for the dive, etc.

It's a dream for working with students especially when they are doing something wrong and I can explain it to them quick without having to surface. Or on the tour dives, I can point stuff out and tell them what it is right there, not in the debrief.

whatever happened to the wetnotes we always carry in the pocket? Many pages, pencil will work on all pages and you don't loose your tables from erasing them... Also great if you need to pre-write stuff for surveys and similar things...

Dane

About 2 months ago, on a long weekend live-aboard, I was doing the Deep Dive of my AOW dives.

My instructor wrote me a note at about 110 feet. I wrote back. It was perfect. I've taken my Quest on about 20 dives since then and its been perfect. Its been great to communicate with my wife, apart from our sign language. I love the thing.

K

The kids toys are waterproof. We tested it at the pool and other divers have stated that althought they eventually flood they are good for a lot of dives.

I'm suprised to hear it, as the hexagonal cells in the writing surface are filled with a viscious fluid that prevents the ferrous metallic powder from settling out due to gravity.

http://www.howstuffworks.com/magna-doodle.htm

I'd think they would be pretty resistant to squeeze, not having any air space.

AaronBBrown once bubbled...

Best...site....ever....

It is a great site and I've bookmarked it for future visits. However, I tried that age old question " How does the female mind work" and still didn;t find a satifactory answer :jester:

Kent

And I'm off to buy a pair of mini magna doodles, Christmas stockings maybe.

You won't be sorry. For our group of three divers it has changed the whole experience. For once you can comment on things you see and that happen as they occur. You are not stuck back on the boat trying like hell to remember what you saw. Any problem underwater is so much easier to resolve when you can communicate exactly what is wrong. No guessing. No aborting the dive when you don't really need to. It takes the whole experience to a new level. Tim Ingersoll.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom