Dive spots with GPS coordinates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MarcLaukien

Registered
Reaction score
I'm cruising Eleuthera, Exumas, and Berry Islands this summer. I'm looking for some easy, shallow dive spots (suitable for diving with my children). I will be diving from my own boat, so it anyone has dive spot coordinates, and could share these with me, this would be great.

Hey Marc, one terrific spot i've just dived (dove?) is the ARIMOROA
The ELEUTHERA Shipwreck Directory  Bahamas Shipwrecks
I cant remember if i included the numbers in the PM i sent. 25deg24.166N by 76deg47.443W from WSG'84.
The ships totally broken up these days just a load of hull plates. The bridge (i think) is still above water level. (be carefull as you anchor the Engine's just about awash)
The engine IS impressive the cranks about 20 odd feet long!
It's a shallow dive at max 25' and i saw more fish than the Aquarium at Atlantis! (not as varied mostly Grunts and yellow snappers. Keep a look out for the >3' Traffic light Parrot fish)

Also worthy of note is Current Cut 25deg24.166N by 76deg47.443W. An excellent drift (Max 60')dive but i doubt your logistics'll allow you to enjoy. The cut's too narrow to leave the boat unmanned and i'll bet the search and rescue crews'd have some pointed questions if you were to let the kids go on their own!
We reckoned there's about a 6 Knot current running through there and we weren't even at peak tide! We did see allot of life there, turtles, juvanile Nurse sharks, Eagle Ray and a rake of jacks, grouper etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom