Dive Tent??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mohave_steve

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was over in Seattle diving Cove 2 a while back and saw something I had never thought of before.

There was a gentleman freediving there who had a small tent affixed to the rear of his SUV. It was quite a bit smaller than the attached picture and appeared to be factory installed & quite simple to "pitch". He was able to leave the rear hatch open and heater running for his surface interval. He invited me in and it was comfy warm and roomy enough for 2-3 people to stand comfortably or 1 to don/doff gear in complete comfort.

I have looked for something like this for my truck but everything I have found so far was too big and too complicated to set up. His fit in the confines of the parking space when set up.

Anyone seen one that fits my description?

Thanks

Steve

Attachments

• tent.gif
    tent.gif
    6.6 KB · Views: 244
Looks cool I have only 1 question what about the exhaust from the truck.

as long as you have the blower fan on the truck going, and it's not downwind of the exhaust pipe, you should be ok as it's going to be inflating the tent from the cab

Very cool site sjspeck :)
... I have the SportZ 1 and liked it so much that purchased another after I wore the first one out in desert camping .. it has survived crosswind gusts from the side of at least 30mph that had it bent almost flat, and being "inflated" by a very large dust devel when I left the back door open

Great site! Lots of kewl stuff but I couldn't find one quite like I described.
The one I saw extended out about 3 feet beyond the rear so you could stand up in it and went all of the way to the ground. It was about 5 feet wide so it fit within the parking space.

Hey D_B? Enjoy the desert?? Take a look at: http://www.connectrv.net .....

I drive an old VW camper that has a tent that attaches to the sliding door. I can hang out in the tent while my regs soak in the camper's sink. Looks like this:
1968 Camper with Tent!

I guess that doesn't surprise me...but the question is, is the VW van painted with flowers? I am guessing not...at least not anymore. :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom