Dive: The Ultimate Guide to the World's Top Dive Locations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm thinking about getting this book too. Please post a review after you've read it!

Wow, what can I say? This book is an encyclopedia of very useful information and chockfull of beautiful pictures.

Highlights:
  • Point of location on a global and local map
  • Quick and standard info in the margin: vis, must sees, downside, getting there, visa, currency, closest chamber, hospital (a mini travel guide for the 71 ultimate dive sites in this book).
  • This is great for those who don't know where their next dive adventure would be (and if they have the $$ for it)!
  • Major sections are categorized by body of ocean. The intro does a wonderful job of providing ocean data and explaining the types of seas: temperate, tropical, open ocean, polar regions.
  • Since this is more like an encyclopedia of sorts, I found myself skimming the geography and dives portion while reading each description about marine life. I like that there was a segment on the type of marine life to expect as well as the possibility of seeing something vs. definitely seeing it.

I think this is a useful book to get if you want to have a good overview of a place you may want to go to one day. This book is a great reference book to have on hand but boy, it made me wish I was a billionaire so I can travel to all these exotic places!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom