Dive Vlog Stardate 46382.6 - The Pipe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Slamfire

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Some friends found a blog article about an Outflow pipe in Brittania Beach and went to check it out. Both the blog and my friends said they went down to 130-ish ft and didn't encounter the pipe's end. The blog even goes to say that "... it’s not air consumption that’s the problem but depth…we bottomed out at 40 meters and then had to start our ascent to avoid going into decompression."

Ah Ha!, said I. Here's a new dive site (new to me) with a mystery (the end of the pipe), that requires a deco dive to be solved. So I coaxed a friend of mine to embark with me on a mission to solve this mystery. Here is the mission report:

The Pipe - YouTube
[youtubehq]6RPMfcBa73I[/youtubehq]

Unfortunately, we didn't get to the end. But I'm looking forward to redeeming myself on a 2nd attempt. We'll just have to adjust the plan accordingly. Until then, we'll have to bear the burden of shame that comes with a failed mission.

Before this dive we thought we would find the end at around 160'. I thought 180' at most. Went to 187' and there was no end in sight.

Didn't get to the end?

Psst. Alan, you deco bottle is leaking like a .... :)

Thanks Henry, yes, that's the way I like it - it keeps me on my toes. LOL! Actually, I was testing my buddies situational awareness to see if he would notice, and that didn't !@#$ work! (Scubajoe had some input on this post). It was bubbling from my finished stage which only had 300 psi left, so no real harm done. : )
Ps: I just finished servicing my stage reg!

Last edited:
The conclusion to The Pipe Saga is here:

[youtubehq]krlg0H0Rr5Y[/youtubehq]

I enjoyed that!

Ohhhhhh, you were sooooo close on the first one....

:)

Sooo... what's coming out of that pipe that requires it to go that deep? Surely something like nuclear waste? Do you glow in the dark now?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom