Dive with martin or aldoras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive with martins leave at 7am wouldn't that eliminate cruise ship passengers?

Not sure if something funny is going on due to daylight savings, but our Check-In time was 7:15am and departure at "8am"

I started using Aldora when I had about 30 dives. I used a lot of air and always worried about cutting other divers dives short. My first dive with them was 58 minutes, but I did share air with the DM for a short bit. That was the last time though. For me, using the larger tanks let me enjoy the dives more. I had thought I was a hopeless air hog and almost stopped diving. The two DM's mentioned above are still there, they are great but so are all their other DM's.

FYI about DWM, if you book a discount package, but some of the dives get blown out, you will end up paying a higher rate based on whatever package the dives you actually make make.

So for example. If you book a 3x2tank dive package at $50 a dive, but only manage to do 1x2tank, you will be paying full price on those two dives.

I have dove with both but we dive with Aldora now. The steel hp120 tanks give us 80-90 minute dives with the longest over 100. Aldora is more expensive(they will give a 10% cash discount) but if most dives with an aluminum 80 run 45 minutes, your getting twice the dive time for less than twice the cost. We go to dive so I'm ok spending a little more on the dive op. If I were trying to save money, I'd probably stay at Suites Bahia instead of Casa Mexicana or eat more tacos for dinner instead of hitting our usual restaurants.

When we dove with DWM, we chartered our own 6 pack boat for the four of us. We were cruise ship divers and it was the most convenient. I was not aware of the cattle boat issue, I thought they use smaller boats, but I would not have any recent knowledge either way. They do seem to be a favorite of lots of dive shops booking dive trips as we'll. Their DM David is excellent and used by lots of dive shops in Oklahoma.

I'm something of an Aldora cheerleader not only for the tanks, but they have 7 (I think) boats so you are grouped with divers of a similar skill set. We have had one divemaster that I didn't not like in probably 70 dives...everyone else, including Adrian, Jorge, Sharif, Dario, Mauricio, and all the others I would dive with again without hesitation. Sharif is probably the best DM I have ever dove with anywhere with any op.

Aldora also picks us up at their downtown pier which is convenient to Casa Mexicana and the surface interval is at a beach club with full facilities and a restaurant. Aldora just works best for us.

DWM is one of the oldest operations on the island in a business that bad ops don't last. That should tell you something. I keep telling myself I need to do a couple of budget trips a year, fly spirit, stay at Suites Bahia, and dive with DWM, but I just can't get away for more than a couple of weeks per year now anyway.

If your budget is tight, and cant trim expenses elsewhere, DWM multi day packages will be the best route to go. If you can swing a little more, Aldora is one of, if not the, premier dive ops on the island.

Good luck, safe travels. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.
Jay

FYI about DWM, if you book a discount package, but some of the dives get blown out, you will end up paying a higher rate based on whatever package the dives you actually make make.

So for example. If you book a 3x2tank dive package at $50 a dive, but only manage to do 1x2tank, you will be paying full price on those two dives.
Cant you resecudle? I'm planning on 7 dives and on island for 7 days

I have dove with both but we dive with Aldora now. The steel hp120 tanks give us 80-90 minute dives with the longest over 100. Aldora is more expensive(they will give a 10% cash discount) but if most dives with an aluminum 80 run 45 minutes, your getting twice the dive time for less than twice the cost. We go to dive so I'm ok spending a little more on the dive op. If I were trying to save money, I'd probably stay at Suites Bahia instead of Casa Mexicana or eat more tacos for dinner instead of hitting our usual restaurants.

When we dove with DWM, we chartered our own 6 pack boat for the four of us. We were cruise ship divers and it was the most convenient. I was not aware of the cattle boat issue, I thought they use smaller boats, but I would not have any recent knowledge either way. They do seem to be a favorite of lots of dive shops booking dive trips as we'll. Their DM David is excellent and used by lots of dive shops in Oklahoma.

I'm something of an Aldora cheerleader not only for the tanks, but they have 7 (I think) boats so you are grouped with divers of a similar skill set. We have had one divemaster that I didn't not like in probably 70 dives...everyone else, including Adrian, Jorge, Sharif, Dario, Mauricio, and all the others I would dive with again without hesitation. Sharif is probably the best DM I have ever dove with anywhere with any op.

Aldora also picks us up at their downtown pier which is convenient to Casa Mexicana and the surface interval is at a beach club with full facilities and a restaurant. Aldora just works best for us.

DWM is one of the oldest operations on the island in a business that bad ops don't last. That should tell you something. I keep telling myself I need to do a couple of budget trips a year, fly spirit, stay at Suites Bahia, and dive with DWM, but I just can't get away for more than a couple of weeks per year now anyway.

If your budget is tight, and cant trim expenses elsewhere, DWM multi day packages will be the best route to go. If you can swing a little more, Aldora is one of, if not the, premier dive ops on the island.

Good luck, safe travels. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.
Jay
I'll send a pm in a bit

Cant you resecudle? I'm planning on 7 dives and on island for 7 days
You can try to reschedule but what I said still applies if you don't get to do all your dives.

I will concur with the Aldora post by Jayfarmlaw above. Have been with many dive-ops, but now use Aldora exclusively. If you need a quieter place to sleep, check Colonial Suites. They are a "sister" hotel Casa Mexicana and you get the big breakfast and can use the pool. Enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom