DiveBook Pro 2.1 (iOS) out - adds metric support

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dark Eternal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just posting up to let you all know 2.1 just got approved by Apple and should be live on the app store any moment. It has a few small big fixes, adds an online instruction manual (not very much written in it yet, but it will be updated continuously) and most importantly complete metric support. Metric support has been the most requested feature and I finally decided how I wanted to implement it. Check it out, as always let me know what you think.

One a side note, I am well into development of 3.0 (probably will not be ready until january or feb though, at the earliest). It is adding full native support for the iPad, which brings up the issue of syncing data between multiple devices. This adds a ton of complexity to the program and requires server side work on my part for wireless syncing. Do you think it is fair to raise the price to say $4.99 for these features? Would you pay that? All existing users would get a free upgrade of course. Im just trying to figure out the feasibility of such features.

Just posting up to let you all know 2.1 just got approved by Apple and should be live on the app store any moment. It has a few small big fixes, adds an online instruction manual (not very much written in it yet, but it will be updated continuously) and most importantly complete metric support. Metric support has been the most requested feature and I finally decided how I wanted to implement it. Check it out, as always let me know what you think.

One a side note, I am well into development of 3.0 (probably will not be ready until january or feb though, at the earliest). It is adding full native support for the iPad, which brings up the issue of syncing data between multiple devices. This adds a ton of complexity to the program and requires server side work on my part for wireless syncing. Do you think it is fair to raise the price to say $4.99 for these features? Would you pay that? All existing users would get a free upgrade of course. Im just trying to figure out the feasibility of such features.

I am excited about 3.0 since I use my IPad exclusively! Thank you.

On a side note, 2.0 + will run on an iPad now (if you have upgraded to 4.2). It will just be in the iPhone size. 3.0 will be an entirely new beast for the iPad. I'll post up some teaser shots later.

On a side note, 2.0 + will run on an iPad now (if you have upgraded to 4.2). It will just be in the iPhone size. 3.0 will be an entirely new beast for the iPad. I'll post up some teaser shots later.

Thanks for noting that! I am kind of a full screen snob (sorry :)), but I will try 2.x on my IPad since I really like your features.

Thanks again!

Thanks for noting that! I am kind of a full screen snob (sorry :)), but I will try 2.x on my IPad since I really like your features.

Thanks again!

I agree 100%, hence why I am working on that (literally, I am working on the view where you add a certification this moment)

I use divelog for the MAC and can export all my dives and import to Dive Log for my iPhone. What kind of import functions does this have? I have started tech diving and would like some more flexability for adding more info. Thanks!!

upgraded to os5.0.1 and the app is getting really glitchy, keeps dropping out and not saveing info when I am in the activities, and equipment part of log as well as conditions. whats up????

upgraded to os5.0.1 and the app is getting really glitchy, keeps dropping out and not saveing info when I am in the activities, and equipment part of log as well as conditions. whats up????

Its an iOS 5 bug that I have a fix for. The update has been submitted to Apple, they are just being very slow about things. Probably due to the holiday. I am hoping this next week the fix will go live.

Thanks for your patience!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom