DiveInn does it again--Suunto Mosquito 229.00

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kauai_diver

Reaction score
I was cruizin' DiveInn site today and they have just introduced the Suunto Mosquito to their website. 229.00 US and 12.00 for DHL shipping to the US. That is more than a 100 bucks cheaper than I can find that computer anywhere in the US. That is a quite a savings........I wonder what they would charge for the Cobra if they carried that?

Got my Cobra and compass from Diveinn.com and paid $419.00. plus the shipping charge which was nominal.

$430 with compass
$419 without compass.......
Look in computer
Then Consoles

The versions sold over here and in the uk have the ability to switch between metric and imperial units, however the dive inn website states that it is available in metric only for the mosquito and stinger. Is this a mistake or what? All the other suunto's sold throughout the world are switchable?

I bought a Suunto Vyper from simplyscuba in the UK a few months ago and it CAN be switched between both metric and imperial. It seems wierd that Suunto would make a model that can't do this....more complexity for them in managing inventory, etc.

I just recieved my Mosquito today from Dive Inn. It can be switched between metric and imperial. It came in the box with a strap extension, so it can fit over gloves, a clear plastic face protector, a plastic quick reference card and a manual. The only thing from the ones from Dive Inn, the manual is in French, however, when I ordered it from them last week, they sent me the English version of the manual in PDF format, which I printed out and put in a binder. I like this better anyway as the manual that comes with the unit is 5 inch by 5 inch whereas the PDF, is a full 8.5x11 size which makes reading it much easier!

I just went to the Aqualung site and did my warranty registration on mine, as they are the US distributor for Suunto and offer online registrations for Suunto products.

I really like this computer, it is easy to read yet compact and light.....for 229.00 US and 12 bucks DHL to ship it, it is a great deal. I ordered it last Thursday night and it was deliverd to me in Hawaii yesterday! That's as fast as stuff I order from the east coast, and when you consider it has to go through customs, that's amazing!

KD....please post some reviews of the Mozzy as you use it. I'm curious to hear more about it.

Ralph,

I did read your reviews and enjoyed them when they were first posted (and I was the one who suggested the packing tape, btw).

I'm hoping to hear from as many people as possible so I can get as much of a broad spectrum as possible.

Back
Top Bottom