Divemaster Applications...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba-charters

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have posted several divemaster adverts...

So far, I've received over 97 replies...

Not a one has told me why I should hire them. Noone has told me of the lives they have saved, or how they will help my company, or why I should hire them. Is this just me, or are these people that missinformed?

I've been a divemaster forever, and consider myself in the group of the best. I'm gonna make sure my employer has a good understanding of why I consider myself in this group.

Do I need to send a wake-up email to this group?

Or is this the reason that divemaster insurance is this high???

It is not unheard of for shop owners to "field promote" their tank jockey to DiveMaster so he/she can fill in on the charter boat and have their insurance cover the divers. I definitely know this happens here in Panama City, Florida. Frankly I feel it is likely to end up killing either the DM in question or complicating an emergency situation that person has to react to.

As a charter Captainhaving a great DM onboard makes or breaks the trip and it seems the pickings are always slim for the guys that are quality versus the ones that have the right cert (distinct from training or experience). There are exactly two guys I know in town that I will let work for me out of a field of several dozen DMs.

I know this thread is dangerously near a year old, but this practice really rubs me the wrong way and I had to opine.

Back
Top Bottom