Divemaster insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

José Teles Reis

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guys! I'm an SSI Dive guide from Portugal.
I'll be working this summer for 17 days at a Diving center. I'll need a Divemaster insurance... but spending 150 euros on a DAN insurance is a big headache... to only work for 17 days/year...
Is there any chance I can get insurance for 1 month?
Please help !!
thank you very much

Never heard of a short term policy. Best of luck to you. In the US, with some store policies, the DM/Dive guide is covered by the store.

Actually, I would be interested to know if there is a plan to cover "freelance divemaster / dive guide." Normally DMs work under a shop or are covered by the umbrella policy of the instructor they teach under but if someone wanted insurance for themselves, is there any policy that caters to that?

Actually, I would be interested to know if there is a plan to cover "freelance divemaster / dive guide." Normally DMs work under a shop or are covered by the umbrella policy of the instructor they teach under but if someone wanted insurance for themselves, is there any policy that caters to that?
Actually, that isn’t normal, or at least it wasn’t before 10 years or so ago. V&B sell an independent policy as does Witherspoon.

Hey guys! I'm an SSI Dive guide from Portugal.
I'll be working this summer for 17 days at a Diving center. I'll need a Divemaster insurance... but spending 150 euros on a DAN insurance is a big headache... to only work for 17 days/year...
Is there any chance I can get insurance for 1 month?
Please help !!
thank you very much

But doesn't the 150 euros cover you for a whole year of diving? Or will you only be diving for 17 days this summer only?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom