Divemaster internships, yay or nay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am confused with the term Internship here as a lot of places would use internship but requires the person to pay for the overall. It seems that it is quite difficult to find a internship where you would not require to pay (maybe other than for the materials) and work to pay back for the stay, food and dives. Is there Internships up to Instructor or MSDT level?

Hi guys. I have my padi open water certificate and am considering doing a divemaster internship in cairns, the internship will take me right the way through advanced rescue and divemaster. I have heard SUCH mixed reviews about these internships, some saying theyre great (which on paper to me they do sound) and others saying they're not enjoyable at all as you end up doing alot of rubbish, non dive related work disincentivising anyone to work on a boat and do much diving for a while. They say that I would be better off biting the bullet and paying to do the courses. I dont mind abit of hard work, but are they worth it? Can anyone shead some light on this please? Thanks

Hi 02mk,

I’m happy to hear the underwater world has made such an impression on you that you’d like to become a professional diver yourself!

The PADI Divemaster course is a great stepping-stone to the PADI Instructor Development course to acquire the rating of PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor!

I am a PADI IDC Staff Instructor at Downbelow Marine and Wildlife Adventures based in Sabah, Borneo, and we offer a variety of internship programs to be certified as a professional diver.
All of our PADI Divemaster courses are overseen by the Go PRO team at our premier PADI 5 Star IDC Dive Centre based 10 minutes from KK City Centre at Gaya Island within the protected Tunku Abdul Rahman Park.

To address the information you have received on the nature of internships for scuba diving education, our responsibility and passion is to provide you with the highest quality of dive training and the real life diving experience that many students do not receive the benefits of.
To complete the PADI Divemaster course does not take long, a mere 10 days. However, by enrolling on an internship, which integrates the PADI Divemaster course, students are exposed to the inner workings of a dive operation and understanding of the dive industry is so valuable to future employers! Experience means everything in scuba diving and it is the best way to learn.

http://www.divedownbelow.com/padi-5...ructor-internship/padi-divemaster-internship/

Add us on Facebook to follow our interns on their daily activities at our island beach house!

https://www.facebook.com/divedownbelow

Look forward to diving with you, 02mk!

Back
Top Bottom