DIVER SITY in Thailand with my S95

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice vid. Love the editing timed w/ the music. What software did you use to put that together?
Thanks so much. I used Mpeg streamclip to transcode the files to prorez quicktimes and I used Final Cut Pro 7 to cut it. Editing is my day job actually...thanks for noticing:wink:

Used to do that until witnessing a diver jumping on a photographer already in the water and getting an Eos 5 flooded

Since no jumping in the water with cameras

I did yeah, just folded the arms in and held it close to my body for the negative entry - I had a lanyard and carabiner system so as soon as I was under the surface I could drop it and equalize etc.

Used to do that until witnessing a diver jumping on a photographer already in the water and getting an Eos 5 flooded

Since no jumping in the water with cameras
Ouch, that sucks. I dont like doing it either, but we had no choice in Tofo

I saw my first three and only three manta rays on Hin Daeng. Great memories....also had playful dolphins on the way out and in on that dive. I see you did a dive there....what did you see there?

Hin Daeng ad Him Muang were so lovely. Didn't see any mantas though. Saw some mobulas, a large school of jacks, and some giant groupers. The real highlight of those sites are the soft corals and carpets upon carpets of anemones and therefore the sheer number of smaller fishes. Such vibrant life on those sites. I had also never really seen soft corals before as most of my diving has been in the Caribbean, so it was all pretty mindblowing.

RIB= rubber inflatable boat

RIB=Rigid hull inflatable boat. Regular inflatables have flat bottoms, usually plywood and come apart to fold for storage. A RIB has a regular fiberglass or aluminum hull with a tube around it, making it essentially sinkproof for open ocean use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom