Diver spending a week underwater???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SharkBaite

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I wonder if we could try this in Venice????

Diver spending a week under water
PLEASANT PRAIRIE, WI — Like a lot of people, Rich Henry is going for a swim this summer. But he's not coming up, at least not yet.

Henry hopes to set a new world's record for the longest underwater dive. He sank to the bottom of Wisconsin's Lake Andrea in Prairie Springs Park Sunday.

He plans to stay underwater for a week. He's getting help from a team of 18 scuba divers and about 50 other volunteers for his Guinness record try.

Henry will have more to do than just look at the fish swim by. He's got a recliner and a waterproof DVD player to watch movies underwater

Talk about being a prune when he surfaces!!!

SharkBaite:

PLEASANT PRAIRIE, WI — Like a lot of people, Rich Henry is going for a swim this summer. But he's not coming up, at least not yet.

Henry hopes to set a new world's record for the longest underwater dive. He sank to the bottom of Wisconsin's Lake Andrea in Prairie Springs Park Sunday.

He plans to stay underwater for a week. He's getting help from a team of 18 scuba divers and about 50 other volunteers for his Guinness record try.

Henry will have more to do than just look at the fish swim by. He's got a recliner and a waterproof DVD player to watch movies underwater

SharkBaite:

I wonder how he is eating and taking card of "number 2" underwater.

Diver calls off world record scuba diving attempt

PLEASANT PRARIE, Wisconsin (25 July 2005) -- A Wisconsin diver who planned to spend a week underwater abandoned his effort to set a world record for the longest dive Monday as storms moved into the area and a tornado watch was issued.

Rich Henry, 35, sank to the bottom of Lake Andrea in Prairie Springs Park on Sunday, where he had a recliner clamped to a steel platform 15 feet underwater.

But rescue diver Howard Cooley said Henry was forced to leave the lake around 6:30 p.m. Monday after 30 hours underwater, when lightning was seen in the area. Although Henry was safe underwater, Cooley said his support team could not remain outdoors.

http://www.cdnn.info/news/industry/i050725a.html

Sharkbaite, where the heck have you been, man? I was about to ask Wildbill to come looking for you :)

JayG:
I wonder how he is eating and taking card of "number 2" underwater.

Ok, before someone posts it, we've all seen it before. I don't think we need another picture of Warhill's Maneuver on the board. Besides, it was terrible technique.

I have been here, just not online in a couple of weeks. work has kept me pretty busy, and then vacation last week with my son.

But I am Here........

This guy's an instructor with one of my LDS's. Too bad he had to bail out ... :frown:

DennisW:
Ok, before someone posts it, we've all seen it before. I don't think we need another picture of Warhill's Maneuver on the board. Besides, it was terrible technique.

No sense of adventure! :shakehead

Besides I thought it was hammer not hill?!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom