DiveRite Hogarthian or basic one piece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How do you like the Kydex BP for S Florida diving rather than the steel? For singles with 3mm full wetsuit. Not sure about the tanks yet, but i think i might be going with a HP100 or 120, and just substitute the weight for trips when i have to use a Al80.

With a single steel tank in a 3mm wetsuit and SS plate you won't need much (if any) lead. That's fine if your trim is good in that setup. If you are head heavy (quite likely) you are going to have a tough time ever trimming it out. A lightweight plate (AL, ABS, Kydex etc) gives you the option of adding a small weightbelt which will probably result in better trim. Not to mention many of these lightweight plates are cheaper and with <25dives you likely have other gear needs too.

Thanx, that is what i was thinking too. I'm not sure what my trim will be, since im still in the process of buying my gear. I think i will be leaning more to the Kydex BP from DSS.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom