DiveRite RecWing unequal inflate problems?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

subvet644

Reaction score
I'm a newbie whose been religiously working on buoyancy and trim in the pool. I haven't even been able to get my "list" balance, that's left-right side balance for you land lubbers. Someone observing me in the water today noticed my RecWing wasn't inflating equally on both sides. I looked at the bungy webbing and it appears to be correct but I'm sure not an expert. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
It's the opposite side on the inflator.

The first 6 or so dives that I made using the Rec Wing were terrible for me. My buoyancy was all over the place, my trim was out of whack, and I kept filling the wings with water.

I adjusted my rig (Transpac) and re-positioned the Transweight system so that its located right at my hips. The next dives out for me were like night and day. If I felt a bit of list I would raise my upper body up a bit to try and balance the wing, which seemed to work pretty well. Buoyancy was solid and I don't think that I carried all that much air in the wings throughout the dives.

I would just suggest more practice with it and I think it will all work out as you become more familiar with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom