Divers and Pilots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carlthecat:
Hey all. I was thinking about pursuing a private pilot's license. Where is a good message board that discusses topics regarding becoming a pilot? I have been to BeAPilot.com and other sites but want a site like scubaboard.com that has an abundance of information to search and allows questions to be asked to the knowledgeable.

Thanks for all responses in kind,

Carl the Cat

Hey Carl, I asked the same thing and got directed to the forums at www.studentpilot.com It's a fraction the size of SB, but the similar in all other ways.

Captain 747 for cargo carrier. I've flown all models of regular production 747's with the exception of the SP. Also 737 rated, commercial float and glider. Crop duster, bush pilot in Alaska, test pilot, CFI, Metroliners, civilian C-130's, FE. 747's are nice but crop dustin is more fun. Been flying since 1973.

AggieDad:
Yea but it sure can make some people's eye get big to watch the world back up. The way the wind blows in OK and Kansas, I used to tell them that if it was out of the East we could probably match the rotation of the earth and stop time.

Almost did that in the SW practice area from KAUS, my instructor told me to get as slow as I could but I could only get it to about 1-2 knots forward speed constant on the GPS @ 3k - great training flight :wink: I personally think it's cheating to use an A/C that's designed to fly backwards in the first place :wink:

I am going to start for a sport pilot rating in few weeks. I flew with my Dad when I was a kid and have always wanted to get my own rating. Cost and family responsibilities always kept me away from it. I think the EAA did a great thing getting this new rating so people can start at a lower cost.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom