Divetank closes its doors... what gives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know Richard and never bought anything from Divetank. It appears there were many satisfied customers over the years and a lot of people are on here wishing him well. I guess they are not the ones that got screwed.

The bottom line is this. He was taking people's money at the end and not sending them their products. It sounds like he was giving people the run around. So no matter how many people he satisfied over the years, he ended up being nothing more than a thief until he squares up with everyone he stole from. Tough times in the end is not an excuse for stealing.

I just hope no matter where he goes his story will follow him and people won't do business with him until he redeems himself, which will not likely ever happen.

BDSC

Tough times in the end is not an excuse for stealing.

You got that. However some folks don't feel that way. When they go down in flames they don't care who they drag down with them. It'll catch up to him someday for sure.

I wish him good luck in the future and with his overseas opportunities whatever they may be

I think the overseas opportunity was getting out of town fast

I was not aware that people have money that is still owing to them from Divetank, sorry to hear about this, guess i should read the whole thread. Well in that case I hope that you get your money back from him asap, and all goes smoothly.

Whoa I got lucky. I bought a D9 about 6 months ago and a cobra at Christmas. Shipping was a little slow but I attributed that to both products being "used." I beleive Richard was manufacturing used products by purchasing them new when orders came in and putting them in a pool for an hour. Both the "used" D9 and the Cobra had a 1 hour dive at 8 feet Square profile. The warrantees had never been activated, the little sticky that covers the glass was still on them; the serials inticated they were about a month old. Other than that one little odd dive they were brand new. I was happy. I thought it was a clever way of evading Suunto's policy. But perhaps it was a little to clever and caught up with him. I had discounted the "free" batteries for life to zero, so that isn't an issue.

But I am trying to figure out where I will get the battery in the D9 replaced. When I was shopping, the local dealer told me it cost $400 to replace the battery and he has to send it back to Suunto--Kind of explains why I don't do business with that shop--I was born at night but not last night. So who can recommend a good shop for servicing the D9 when I do need a new battery.

I had already decided I would not be doing business with them again in the future. The last few times I ordered from them I had multiple problems with card charges, shipping, customer service and receiving wrong products. When calling to resolve the issues my wife was given a bit of attitude as well. Basically the same problems as all the other complaints I have seen pile up here on the boards. Scubatoys got my business anyways so this is good news to me.

Twinkles-
I'm in the same boat as you...got a D9 from DT and need the batt changed. Have you found a good alternative for getting your D9 serviced yet?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom