Divie Ops in Makaha?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catgirldiver

Registered
Reaction score
My husband and I will be staying in Makaha next week and we were wondering if anyone knows of any dive ops on this side of Oahu??

Thanks,
Catgirldiver

None that I know of actually located in Makaha, but all you'd need is to find a dive op that launches out of Waianae harbor - and you'd just meet them there.

A couple come to mind right off the bat - Ocean Concepts (which actually has a small shop called Mahi Divers inside the harbor) and Captain Bruce's.

Capt Bruce's comes to mind for me and they are a great dive op.

I haven't dived with either of those companies, but I know people who work/have worked for both. My 2c:

Capt. Bruce's is a great dive op.

Ocean Concepts is not a good dive op. I've had awful experiences at their shop, too.

rgbmatt:
I haven't dived with either of those companies, but I know people who work/have worked for both. My 2c:

Capt. Bruce's is a great dive op.

Ocean Concepts is not a good dive op. I've had awful experiences at their shop, too.

Was your bad experience at the shop recent? I've only been to the Pearl Harbor shop to rent tanks, and the Dive Authority shops to drop off gear for service. I've never had any problems with them - actually, I've always found them to be quite efficient. But admittedly, my dealings with them have been rather basic, so I don't have any experience with things needing a higher level of customer service.

I've dived with both Captain Bruce's and Ocean Concepts (but not with either in a couple of years) and found both to be fine. Actually, I found Ocean Concepts to be very efficient, organized and consistently provided a good diving experience. However, since it's been a couple years since I last went out with them, this could have changed.

If anything, the only semi-negative thing I have to say of Ocean Concepts is that you are always aware that it is a business first. This is good in that they are super efficient, organized and I have always been able to depend on them in case other options fall through (like my regular shop is closed for whatever reason and I can't get tanks). They probably wouldn't have gotten to be as big as they are without it, but I like shops/operations that have more of the "neighborhood shop" feel (if that makes any sense).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom