Divin' Duds: Whatcha Wearing & Why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a one piece bathing suit under my wetsuit. I have three different ones, with different cuts, but they're all comfortable. I think if the suit is comfortable to swim in, it's comfortable under the suit.

I generally just wear a one piece suit as well. I have a Henderson Hyperstretch and I've never had a problem getting it on dry or wet...

I wear a Lands' End Tugless Tank under my wetsuit and/or skin. I love it, and it's truly tugless. I have yet to get a swimsuit wedgie and I'm one of those people who absolutely HATES creeping undergarments. Also, for the cost of decent swimsuits these days, it was a bargain at just around $50. They also have tankinis and a great returns policy. (Really, I don't work for them, but I'm sure some of their kids may have gone to college on the income from my husband's work clothes alone.)

Before going dry, I was using a skin under my 7mm/2piece suit. It was a godsend for that suit and how snug it fit. It was taking 20 minutes to get into a dry wetsuit w/o it and I never could get a wet-wetsuit on without the skin. And yes I'd wear a lands end one-piece under it.

I would wear a swimsuit (for changing reasons) and a lycra skin (for ease of donning wetsuit) under my 7mm 2pc wetsuit. I don't like tight stuff & layers either but I hardly find a skin noticible on it's own and even less under a wetsuit. I like wearing a skin in the pool.

You are talking about Florida though, don't know how thick a suit you plan on wearing? If you're talking 3mm it's hopefully not so much trouble to get on so it might not matter. (In Florida the skin would probably be my wetsuit most of the year, but that's me.)

As far as swimsuits, you don't want it creeping - hard to fix under there! And few seams and junk to poke at you, a wetsuit makes anything that pokes or digs worse. A one piece works best for me, but I see women wearing bikini's and whatever too.

I wear a two peice. I find there is less creeping and pulling then with a one peice. The ones I wear come from J Crew, very well made and an exellent fit.

It depends where I'm diving.

If its cold water and I'm diving my 6/5/4, I usually just wear my bathing suit (usually a one piece or a tankini).

If its warm water I usually wear a bathing suit with my dive skin under my 3/2.

I know it doesn't seem to make sense to wear more in warm water. I'm allergic to sunlight and if I'm diving warm its usually means sitting in the sun during the surface interval. With the diveskin, I can pull the 3/2 off and not bake, but I'm still pretty well protected.

I just wear a bikini under my 3 mm or 2-piece 7 mm - no problem.
It seems from the comments above that some people prefer skins when their suits are REALLY tight or thick. BTW, pantyhose works wonders for that! eyebrow
My suits are snug, but not very difficult to get on...
Wear whatever you're comfortable with!

I wear a 2 pc tankini most of the time . . . :) But I sometimes wear a rashguard when I feel a bit cold (weather or a night dive), but I wear it on warm weather too together with a bikini when I feel like it. . . it's all about style sometimes :D

i like tankinis for the ease of going to the bathroom topside. be careful that the suit you get doesn't have thick ties that *knot* behind your neck or back - the gear will make them dig into you. i like the halter style tops so i can keep track of where things are when i'm taking the suit off - don't wanna flash without knowing i'm doing it!

i'm excited for you, Anna!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom