diving after vasectomy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

unit240

Reaction score
I'm sure I am not the first to ask this, but could someone tell me about how long after a vasectomy I'll have to wait unitl I can dive again. I am assuming that everything will go without complications and was wondering if 5-7 days after the procedure would be too soon. Thanks.

I was told by my doctor 4-6 weeks. He wasn't really worried about the physical exersion fo diving - more the lugging around of heavy tanks. Good luck!! Make sure to get lots of 'couch' time the firts couple of days after the surgery - makes the recovery time a lot shorter!

I'm not a doctor, I don't play one on television and I didn't stay in a Holiday Express last night. But, I have had the procedure and I'd say "probably" as soon as the stitches are gone.

Jarhead

Hi unit240,

Our own "scubadoc," Dr. Ern Campbell, has addressed this topic in another forum. His response was:

"A vasectomy is a simple operation that consists of a small scrotal incision and removal of a small section of the vas deferens. Diving can generally be resumed after these operations when the incision or incisions have healed without scabs, or when you are cleared by your surgeon. Diving itself will have no effect on your surgery nor will the operation have any effect on your diving."

Best regards.

DocVikingo

My ex husband had the operation. The doctor let me stay in the office and watch. Quite amazing. It didn't hurt me a bit. Heheheh OK a little dry humor there. :wink:
Sounds like you'll be up and running, or diving rather, soon.
Good luck!
It does make having whoopie stress free!

:sunny:

How soon after the procedure did your husband return to diving? Also I don't think I want onlookers for this event, call me silly.

You might have overlooked this part. It was my ex husband, and he was not a diver. {Hence the reason for ex} But he did return to a very physical job just two and a half days later with no complications. {We are still very good friends}
PS My new husband is a diver.

Back
Top Bottom