Diving AKR in Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Take some DEET for the no-see-ums. Make sure your vaccines are up-to-date (Hep A, Tetanus, Typhoid and Malaria).

Off to FIBR Roatan tomorrow morning for the second time. Counting the hours down.

Dave (aka "Squirt")

I was at AKR last may 2005. Had a great time. Try the horseback if you get a chance, They let you take them out and run them as hard as you can up and down the beach. Also try to get down to West end your last night great time down there with the DM's partying...:D Oh yea theres diving there to if you want....lol... Can you ask if the instructor John is still there. He Certified me and brought my father up to AOW. The bugs there desrtoyed my father but never bothered me once. Sogood luck with that. LP has some kind of slime that helps on the see lice. I seen a woman get her intire neck stung from them, So make sure you blow of some air with the octo befor you get to the surface.

Kristian

Do not miss out on the long tirp they take on Thursday - you will be on the boat for all three dives - picnic on a beach or eat at Resturant on South side - But you will get to do some great sites...........

If you don't like smelling like a Zippo - get some Cactus Juice - you can either buy it in the states or they will sell it in the gift shop.... It works just as good as DEET...

That's just my opion I could be wrong.............

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom