diving Amami Oshima

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

floyd2466

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Anyone been to Amami Oshima? Thinking of going there for a weekend of diving in beginning of October and looking for info. on dive shops. Any websites with list of shops would be great, even if only in Japanese. But if anyone can highly recommend a particular dive shop, that would be even better! Language is not a problem as my gf is Japanese.

Just as importantly, are there any particularly fantastic spots that we should ask the dive shop to take us to? Generally, we most definately prefer coral to sand.

Cheers!

Hi

I'd recommend Dive-Cico in south area of Amami. Because most south area dive sites are located in a channel, stable sea condition is expected all year.
The DS will pick you airport to hotel. When you arrive during the morning, you can have 2 dives. The DS restricts to have max. 6 person at the same time so your requests will be considered, I think.
There are detailed point information available in the website. Check attached URL with your gf.

http://www5.ocn.ne.jp/~divecico/

Back
Top Bottom