Diving around Italy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flix_888

New
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm quite a beginner in diving. I've done about 10 dives. I'm doing my advanced certification soon. I'm gonna be around Rome in august. I will then have 3 weeks to visit around. Where do you guys would recommend going diving? At the moment, I was thinking about doing Sardinia and Corsica. Maybe Croatia after. Also, I've heard that the diving is really good in Ustica and Malta but it's quite far in the south. Is it worth going there?

Thank you for you help!

Flix_888,

When I stay in Sorrento or other Amalfi hotels, I try and save a day to dive in Naples (about two hours drive south of Rome).:crafty:

Centro Sub Campi Flegrei

Centro Sub Campi Flegrei is the only dive operator allowed into the Baiae Marine Archeological Site. Everyone hears about the buried city of Pompeii but few know about the Roman sites/villas that "SANK" into the bay during the Vesuvius eruption.
11.gif

The dive is very easy and regardless of the number of dives you have is well worth the trip and time to dive there.

Enjoy your stay in a special part of the world...it is totally awesome there.

I also have heard of a Marine Park in the Rome area but I have not been there personally.

Ciao...
04.gif

~Michael~

Diving in Sardinia is nice. Would recommend Costa Paradiso and Costa Paradiso Diving Center (Home - DCCP - Diving Center Costa Paradiso). Good news about Sardinia is that it is beautiful, relatively easy to get to from Rome (a night ferry) and reasonably priced. Down side, through, is that, in August, there are going to be a LOT of people. But that's true most tourist-oriented places in Italy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom