Diving at CSSP this Saturday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kieth,
I'll be at CSSP tomorrow (Saturday) around 10. I'll hang at the Adv. Scuba pavillion and would love to dive with you. I'll be driving a grey Honda Accord. Email me at peterensch@gmail.com or call me at (817) 528-7879.
Peter

shart965, joshmotdiver, and texarkandy posted in another thread they were going out. It looked like they were looking for amish dives. ...

OK, I'll bite - what's an "amish dive"?

.... 1) the amish thing threw me to until I realized that it would be more accurately conveyed as AM-ish... get it now?

There are two answers. "am"ish as in some time in the general morning hours.

The if you go through and read some of the lake murray threads Timeliner et al talk about the amish as a play on words.

We say we will meet about "9amish" The amish will be bringing conganc and warm towels for post dive enjoyment. :D

Aaaah, I see now. Of course I also often misunderstand my JOW's made-up weird hand signals too. (who by the way just now informs me that "Amish" diving involves using a long hollow reed instead of Scuba gear :D)

"Amish" diving involves using a long hollow reed instead of Scuba gear :D)

It depends on what area of Texas you come from, actually. We Northeastern A.M.ish strictly use a waterhose, while the Southern A.M.ish, being a more liberal group, use pvc pipe.

shart965, joshmotdiver, and texarkandy posted in another thread they were going out. It looked like they were looking for amish dives.

There may be some others out too. Come by and say hello. I'll have the grill lit for dinner on saturday, bring something to grill and you are welcome to the coals.

Now I've experienced the Amish touch when it comes to their premier dive valet service but have never been on an actual Amish dive. What's that like?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom