diving availability?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

creamofwheat

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hey when are you guys usually available for diving?

I am available on tuesdays and thursdays. i work weekends right now, so weekends wont ever work for me until april-ish, i dont think (unless i call in sick :D)

if any of you are ever available on tuesdays or thursdays (daytime as i have never done a night dive...after february i'll be good for nights too as i'll have AOW by then), feel free to drop me a line and we can go diving.

so what about you guys? anyway, that is all.

Hard to do a day dive other than weekends without advance planning. Mon, Thur, Fri nights no problem, any day with lots of notice i.e. a week or so. I just have to convince the boss (me) to give me the time off. I am usually booked with appointments 3 or 4 days into the future which is why I need the notice.

Clients don't approve of cancelled appointments.:D they tend not to call back.

Good luck!

i have tuesdays off, and am always down for going out

Oh sweet...wanna organize a dive for this tuesday the 24th then?

have you dove cates park before? i never have, but would be interested in checking it out. Otherwise, the default whytecliff or porteau are perfectly fine with me. i just wanna dive. :D havent for about 2 weeks now and it's driving me nuts. :D

I've never tried cates park but I'm up for something new. I've heard good things about woodlands in deep cove, maybe we could try there.

there is woodlands and also a little closer and easier to park is strathcona island also called grey rocks. shore dive I have not done but is in a dive site book I have. In Deep Cove very near the raven pub on Dollarton Hwy. Look on a map for strathcona drive. best info I can give online or checkout local dive shop for book.
if you dont want whytecliff you could always do batchelor bay, larsen bay,copper cove,lookout point. all of those are in the whytecliff area.
have fun and be safe

Les

Where is Cates Park?

I might be able to swing a weekday dive in a week or two. My sinuses are mildly stuffed at the moment. Not that bad but not worth the risk.

Bill.

Cates Park is also in the Deep Cove area, I believe. I've never been so i dont know exactly where it is, but i have heard it's a pretty nice dive, plus it has heated washrooms apparently! always a bonus at this time of year. :D

i wouldnt mind checking out woodlands. has anyone here dove it before?

Bill, let me know when your sinuses clear up. Hopefully we can work something out.

from second narrows bridge head east on dollarton highway maybe 10 minutes if you drive very slow the park is on your right. or get onto mt seymour parkway and head east and keep going until you hit dollarton road. turn right at these lights and head south for about 3 minutes and the park is on your left. either way you'll see the sign with the big native wolf on it.
Les

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom