Diving Baja - Advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also suggest Cabo Pulmo. Incredible diving, laid back Baja pace of life. I have had great luck with Vista Sea Sports out of Pulmo. I would wait a few months until spring due to weather.

Add another vote for Cabo Pulmo. Great diving with Cabo Pulmo Dive Resort. Pristine reefs and HUGE schools of many species.

Another vote for Cabo Pulmo. It is a wonderful dive site. Some of the finger reefs start from the shore and you can swim out. The better spots are around 10 mins from the shore. The bay of Los Frailes which is 15 min north of Pulmo is also an wonderful place to dive. During my dive in december we saw a school of more than 100 rays floating by. The sea-lion colony is another interesting place to dive.
The accommodation in Pulmo is basic but you can rent some of the Casitas there which are really nice. I used Cabo Pulmo Divers for my diving and they are professional. The equipments are mostly Aqualung, ScubaPro and Mares and are fairly new. The divemaster David is very knowledgeable and safety-oriented. The boats are small (5 person) and you can really dive at your own pace.

I will be in La Paz in The middle of May and am looking for a good dive op. I would appreciate any info you could give me thanks

I will be in La Paz in The middle of May and am looking for a good dive op. I would appreciate any info you could give me thanks

If you do a Scubaboard search on "Baja" "Cantamar" "Cortez" you will find a lot of info. Don't try to do a search on "La Paz" because search terms on Scubaboard need to be 4 characters or more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom