Diving Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlien05

Reaction score
Hi,
We're thinking about diving in Belize this coming July and looked were working w/the US Dive Travel Agency.
They recommended Blackbird Caye Resort.

Has anyone been there recently? Also, any other good places you'd recommend?

Thanks!

It really depends on what you are looking for out of a dive vacation

Belize has a hige variety of options and each one does not necessarily suit everyone.

For example BlackBird Caye is very remote as is Lighthouse Reef Resort and all you do there is eat sleep dive and in my opinion if your going to do a hardcore dive vacation then a liveaboard is the way to go for value and ease of diving. however if you dont like boats then the remote islands offers the next best thing.

One thing in common with the outer islands while there is not much to do other than diving fishing sunning etc the diving is excellent.

Then theres Ambergris Caye which offer very nice diving with access to the offshore Atolls. Ambergris is a small bustling town with sandy streets lots of shops restaurants bars clubs parasailing etc and is excellent for people requiring some other activities other than diving or if you have a non diving Spouse.

So if you want to let me know what you are looking for in a dive vacation I can advise you the best case scenario based on your requirements.

best regards

Gaz Cooper
www.DiveBelize.com

Going there the end of June. Looks like it s/b great. Will let you know.

Our dive group (the infamous Sea Squirts) spent a week on Peter Hughes' Sun Dancer II in Belize earlier this year. It was awesome!! As one of the other posts indicated, if all you're gonna do is eat, sleep and dive, you might consider a liveaboard. I have also heard that Turneffe Island Lodge is nice. Also, if you're so inclined, a trip to one of the ancient Mayan cities is a truly great experience. We went to Lamanai and had a thoroughly amazing time.:tree: :tree: :tree:

Thanks for all the great advice.

We booked our trip at Black Bird Caye and are really looking forward to the amazing scenary. mpmcc, plse let me know how your trip goes. Hope you have a great time.

The reason you can't swim at night off the docks at Blackbird Caye:

...and another. There were two that would come up and beg for fish every night. Basically, when they want fish, they get 'em! :D

Geez! Does that mean no snorkeling during the daytime too or are we at risk of becoming breakfast?

No, the beasts go back into the mangroves and sleep during the day. But you won't need to snorkel there, one of the best things about this resort is the nearby snorkeling. They take you out on a snorkel boat 2 or 3x a day if you want, and it's all fairly close to shore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom