Diving Cabo Pulmo in April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Otterpup

New
Reaction score
I'm new to this site, so bear with me if i should be posting or looking elsewhere. I'm trying to determine if Cabo Pulmo would be a good destination for my partner and me in mid-April. I'm not really a diver (just the research assistant) but my partner got certified in Cozumel last January; all this is to say she is certified, but a beginner. I liked the idea of Cabo Pulmo because it's pretty accessible, and affordable for us (though i haven't fully factored in the cost of transport from Los Cabos, yet.) Anyway, if anyone has any experience of diving at Cabo Pulmo in April, or just experience there that might give you insights on what it might be like in April, any input you can provide would be appreciated.

Hi, we have been diving cabo pulmo for about 22 yrs. Mid april.... the water is cool, 5 ml would be good. Visability not the best. Maybe 30-50 ft.??? If you could change to mid may it would be better. We have noticed over the yrs that spring diving has gotten better. Maybe warmer temps? As the water warms a little life increases. Last yr, early may,. The bull sharks were there, many eels, the jack tornado. Mid April can also bring strong winds still..or not... Unpredictable .. the landtemps are great. No humidity or bugs. We live 10km south of CP. Hope this helps... so, if you need to rent a car, insurance is the majority of the cost. So, check your credit card. We actually had an accident down there when we rented a car. We had to pay for repairs with our credit card, but once back in the states we submitted the paperwork and were reimbursed within 2 weeks .It's a pretty nice spot

Back
Top Bottom