Diving/camping in the Keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubachick01

Reaction score
A friend & I are talking about doing a dive trip to the Keys sometime after the 1st of the year. Are there any places that have a camping/diving package, or any convenient places to camp close to some good diving? We'll be pitching a tent. I've never been to the Keys so any suggestions will be welcome.

Thanks! ~~~_[:]o

John Pennekamp state park, upper keys.. Nice park with all the facilites. But its almost always full. Research it on the net and reserve a spot as soon as poss.

Camping in the Upper Keys was reduced drastically by the land buy up 2 years ago. The only ones that I know about now are state parks. Here's the 3 camping areas in that I know about:
1. Already mentioned John Pennekamp at MM 102.5
2. Long Key State Park at MM 67.5
3. Further south their's Bahia Honda Park at MM 37

You can get more information by going to Florida State Parks web site.

Good Diving/Hunting,

Camping in the Upper Keys was reduced drastically by the land buy up 2 years ago. The only ones that I know about now are state parks. Here's the 3 camping areas in that I know about:
1. Already mentioned John Pennekamp at MM 102.5
2. Long Key State Park at MM 67.5
3. Further south their's Bahia Honda Park at MM 37

You can get more information by going to Florida State Parks web site.

Good Diving/Hunting,

Looked like a lot of camping at Curry Hammock as well....

I used to camp at Americian outdoors in Key Largo ... but they closed or something.
Key Largo has some of the best dives, I would stay in the area and have fun :wink:
Kim P

Bahia Honda state park is a neat place to camp and also has one of the very few beaches in the keys. No real dive-camp packages that I'm aware of but there is good diving nearby in Marathon or down around Big Pine Key. If you have transportation not
a big problem. Key Largo has Pennekamp for camping and many more dive charter boats, just really kind of depends what your in the mood for. Both areas have great
diving with wrecks or reefs. If you do Key Largo your close enough to Tavernier to
check out some diving there. Have fun and safe diving !

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom